parenting tip: talk to your kids about mental illness. tell them they might have a hard time. tell them they can ask for therapy and medication. tell them they aren’t alone. tell them if your family has a history of mental illnesses and which ones. just fucking talk to your kids and be there for them.
Yes please please do this it could save a lot of suffering
- don’t eat less, eat right
- don’t hold it in, it’s okay to cry
- don’t hurt yourself, there is always an alternative
- don’t shut yourself away, speak up
- don’t be your own bully, be your own hero
- don’t give up, because you’re worth so much more than you think
Thank you for this post
"I want a story with a POC hero!"
"I want a main character who isn’t a good guy”
"I want a kick ass lady!"
"One who doesn’t get rid of her femininity to be kick ass!"
"I want a plot that doesn’t revolve around a love triangle!"
"I want a show that does satire right!"
"One that uses its female characters as more than just props!"
"I want a show tha-"
tips to write college papers
- begin with “buckle your seatbelts, motherfuckers, because in eight short pages i am going to learn u a thing that i only learned myself about two hours ago, so sit down, shut up, and enjoy the experience of my 4-am-redbull-induced-self-hatred-fuelled-writing-extravaganza”
- erase when finished with the paper
BUT THIS ACTUALLY WORKS
MAKE SURE YOU ERASE IT THOUGH
that’s almost too cruel
I had to do this once with Privateer II: The Darkening. It gained a bit when he said “I bet you didn’t play it through, I bet somebody just told you how…” and I was able to smile gently and say “God, possibly, since I wrote the game.” And plainly the Deity was with me that day, as I happened to be carrying docs from my UK agent (who’d done the deal) that showed not only that I was the writer, but the five-figure sum I had been paid. …It was a happy day for me. Not so much for him. I’d never had a referent for the word “slink” for a full grown male before. As in “slink away in utter dejection.” I smiled for at least three days without stopping. And am smiling now… I had completely forgotten about this.
Reblogging because “I beat the game” is fantastic, but “I wrote the damn thing” is even better.
I’m not a gamer but I’ll always reblog these.
Vicious. I love it.